Are you working on an exceptional or innovative project? Has your research led to breakthrough results? Join the young innovators at Falling Walls Lab Slovakia 2021 and spread the word.
- Following the three successful rounds, the Falling Walls Lab comes again to Slovakia. It is a unique, inspiring and interdisciplinary format that provides space for showcasing breakthrough findings, ideas, research projects and business models from all kinds of areas or research disciplines.
- Young researchers, scientists and innovators from among students, young academic staff, entrepreneurs or young professionals can apply for the national Falling Walls Lab Finale 2021 – FWLS 2021.
- Winner of each national Lab will participate in the global Finale taking plance on November 7, 2021 in Berlin, and gets a ticket to the prestigeous Falling Walls Conference.
- Online application for FWLS 2021 is open until September 12, 2021. The FWLS Jury will review the applications and select the finalists who will receive a chance to present their projects in the national FWLS 2021 finale, taking place on September 30, 2021 in online format. Each participant has a presentation slot of exactly 3 minutes.
- Up to 100 best participants from the national Labs will qualify to the global finale. Each of them will be given an opportunity to present his/her research, initiative or business model in front of a distinguished jury made of world-class scientists, innovators and business representatives. The winner gets “The Breakthrough Winner“ award in the “Emerging Talents“ category together with a cash prize, together with a unique opportunity to repeat his/her presentation on the main stage of the prestigeous Falling Walls Conference.
- Teaser video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BbrQu1ZP8
- More information and online application: https://falling-walls.com/lab/apply/
Who can apply?
Bachelor and Master students, PhD candidates, postdocs, early–career professionals and entrepreneurs from all disciplines are invited to apply. Applicants must fulfil at least one of the following formal requirements:
- they must be currently enrolled in university and/or are currently a postdoc, or
- they received a Bachelor’s degree no more than 10 years ago, or
- they received a Master’s degree no more than 7 years ago,or
- they received a PhD no more than 5 years ago.
The eligibility criteria are binding for all international Labs.
The Falling Walls Lab Slovakia 2021 is organized under the auspices of MUDr. RNDr. Ľudovít Paulis, PhD. MPH., State Secretary of The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
President of the Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
Prof. RNDr. Peter Moczo, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Jury Chairman, Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
Prof. RNDr. Vladimír Bužek, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Project Manager, Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
Doc. PhDr. Marian Holienka, PhD., Comenius University in Bratislava
- doc. Ing. Klaudia Halászová, PhD., Rector, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
- prof. Ing. Jozef Jandačka, PhD., Rector, University of Žilina
- prof. Ing. Stanislav Kmeť, DrSc., Rector, Technical University of Košice
- prof. Ing. Rudolf Kropil, PhD., Rector, Technical University in Zvolen
- prof. MVDr. Jana Mojžišová, PhD., Rector, University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice
- prof. Dr. Ing. Oliver Moravčík, Entrusted with the function of rector, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
- prof. RNDr. Pavol Sovák, CSc., Rector, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
- prof. RNDr. Pavol Šajgalík, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, President, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- prof. JUDr. Marek Števček, PhD., Rector, Comenius University in Bratislava
- Comenius University in Bratislava
- The Learned Society of Slovakia
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
- Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
- Technical University of Košice
- University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice
- Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
- University of Žilina
- Technical University in Zvolen
- Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR)
- The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- Slovak Organization for Research and Development activities (SOVVA)