Are you working on an exceptional or innovative project? Has your research led to breakthrough results? Join the young innovators at Falling Walls Lab Slovakia 2022 and spread the word.
- Following the four successful rounds, the Falling Walls Lab comes again to Slovakia. It is a unique, inspiring and interdisciplinary format that provides space for showcasing breakthrough findings, ideas, research projects and business models from all kinds of areas or research disciplines.
- Young researchers, scientists and innovators from among students, young academic staff, entrepreneurs or young professionals can apply for the national Falling Walls Lab round – FWLS 2022.
- Winner of each national Lab will participate in the global Finale taking plance on November 7, 2022 in Berlin, and gets a ticket to the prestigeous Falling Walls Science Summit.
- Online application for FWLS 2022 is open until September 11, 2022. The FWLS Jury will review the applications and select the finalists who will receive a chance to present their projects in the national FWLS 2022 finale, taking place on September 29, 2022 in traditional presence format at Comenius University Bratislava. Each participant has a presentation slot of exactly 3 minutes.
- Up to 100 best participants from the national Labs will qualify to the global finale. Each of them will be given an opportunity to present his/her research, initiative or business model in front of a distinguished jury made of world-class scientists, innovators and business representatives. The winner gets “The Breakthrough Winner“ award in the “Emerging Talents“ category together with a cash prize, together with a unique opportunity to repeat his/her presentation on the “Falling Walls Breakthroughs of the Year” stage of the prestigeous Falling Walls Science Summit.
- Teaser video: click here
- More information and online application: click here
Who can apply?
Bachelor and Master students, PhD candidates, postdocs, early–career professionals and entrepreneurs from all disciplines are invited to apply. Applicants must fulfil at least one of the following formal requirements:
- they must be currently enrolled in university and/or are currently a postdoc, or
- they received a Bachelor’s degree no more than 10 years ago, or
- they received a Master’s degree no more than 7 years ago,or
- they received a PhD no more than 5 years ago.
The eligibility criteria are binding for all international Labs.
President of the Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
prof. RNDr. Peter Moczo, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, Comenius University Bratislava, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Jury Chairman, Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Bužek, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Project Manager, Falling Walls Lab Slovakia
doc. PhDr. Marian Holienka, PhD., Comenius University Bratislava
- doc. Ing. Klaudia Halászová, PhD., Rector, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
- doc. Mária Heinzová, ArtD., Rector, Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava
- prof. Ing. Jozef Jandačka, PhD., Rector, University of Žilina
- doc. Mgr. Bohunka Koklesová, PhD., Rector, Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
- prof. Ing. Stanislav Kmeť, DrSc., Rector, Technical University of Košice
- prof. Ing. Rudolf Kropil, PhD., Rector, Technical University in Zvolen
- prof. MVDr. Jana Mojžišová, PhD., Rector, University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice
- prof. Dr. Ing. Oliver Moravčík, Entrusted with the function of rector, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
- prof. RNDr. Pavol Sovák, CSc., Rector, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
- prof. RNDr. Pavol Šajgalík, DrSc., Academician of The Learned Society of Slovakia, President, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- prof. JUDr. Marek Števček, PhD., Rector, Comenius University Bratislava
- Comenius University Bratislava
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
- Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra
- Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava
- University of Žilina
- Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
- Technical University of Košice
- Technical University in Zvolen
- University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
- Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR)
- The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- Slovak Organization for Research and Development activities (SOVVA)